Hosting on platforms like VRBO is easy. You just need to sign up, fill out the details, post some pictures, and set up is done. However, before you start listing your property, there are several critical steps that you need to do before posting those important pictures on your site. You need to make sure that your rental property is ready for the guests with attractive decors, functional appliances, and tasteful furnishing. To do this, you need the best items to buy for your VRBO.
Furnish your Airbnb or VRBO
There are many ways to furnish your Airbnb or VRBO depending on the type of property you have and the readily available things. If your property is new and you need to start from scratch to furnish your home, it would be easier to mix and match decors, furniture, and other essentials. On the other hand, if you decided to list a fully furnished home or property, then all you need is to rearrange furniture and add new furnishings and decors to spruce it up.
Another thing to consider is the type of rental home you are listing. Homes for big groups should be furnished according to different ages. Cabins or vacation homes would need more outdoor essentials but at the same time, have comfortable amenities inside the house. Here’s a checklist for some best items to buy for your VRBO.
Checklist for Furnishing Airbnb and VRBO
An Airbnb furnishing checklist is important to have before you go out and find the best items to buy. This will help you furnish your VRBO or Airbnb without spending too much and buying only the things you need. A good tip is to list according to each section of the home. Categorized by room like living room, bedroom, kitchen, dining room, and more. You can break down the list further depending on your needs. Remember that you are catering to a wide range of travelers so make it fresh and simple.
Living Room Essentials
- For big groups, this would probably be the second most used part of the house. A good sofa that can seat at least half of the number of guests allowed will be a good fit
- If the budget allows, go for a sofa bed. It will increase occupancy number which in turn will allow an increase in rent prince
- Put sofa covers that you can easily replace and wash in between guests
- Put accent chairs that can be easily moved around and are comfortable to sit in.
- Use mattresses that are sturdy and comfortable to sleep in.
- Use mattress covers to protect the bed.
- Place a good number of pillows for the guests to use. Do not overcrowd the bed.
- Place a full-length mirror in the bedroom
- Avoid decorating the room with unnecessary items.
Dining Room and Kitchen Essentials
- Probably the most used part of the house especially with big groups, the kitchen and dining area must be filled with smart appliances like refrigerators, ovens, coffeemakers, air fryers, and the like. Place instructions on how to use these appliances and care for them.
- Place table runners and make sure that there are plenty of utensils that guests can use.
- Provide plates and cutlery that are usable but not expensive.
- Hang some paintings on the walls
- The dining table must be big enough for the number of guests allowed and use chairs that are not only for aesthetics but for comfort as well.
- Always have more than enough bath and hand towels for the guests.
- Use shampoo and conditioner dispensers to save costs and avoid throwing away whole bottles every time new guests come in.
- Provide extra soaps, toilet paper, and other bathroom essentials.
Other Areas or Rooms in the House
Aside from the main rooms, there are also other areas in the home that must also be filled with essentials.
- Whether indoor or outdoor, it is best to provide detergent and bleach for your guests to use.
- Include some dryer sheets, ironing, and sewing supplies.
Garden and Patio area
- Put up hazard and safety signs to remind guests, especially children to always be careful
- Make your short-term rental kid-friendly and senior-friendly
Furnishing your Airbnb can take a lot of your time and money when it is not planned well. Aside from the cost to furnish Airbnb, you also need to think about the maintenance once you start your hosting and guests start renting your property. You may need some light cleaning in between guests and deep cleaning every quarter.
One way to remind guests of house rules and policies to maintain the cleanliness and order of your furnished Airbnb or VRBO, you can write a welcome pack for Airbnb or a welcome manual that can be prominently displayed for your guests to read. A welcome pack for Airbnb guests or a welcome kit can also be given to greet your guests during check-in.
Make Your VRBO Look Spectacular
For more resources to help your vacation home rental look invitingly spectacular, CoCal Design Co has the best VRBO Host Guides.
We have more awesome guides such as this one: “Best Airbnb Host Reviews Samples” if you’re interested.
best items to buy for vrbo
Hosting on VRBO is easy too! So, what are the things you need to buy for your VRBO? CoCAl Design Co discusses it thoroughly!